Farming is not just a business
Moorfields Agriculture specialists have proven expertise assisting farmers and rural businesses and are constantly up to date with the ever-changing regulations.
We understand that farming is not just a business for our clients and in many cases the business has been handed down within the family from generation to generation. Our knowledge and expertise alongside our ability to understand our client’s objectives has meant we have guided a number of clients through distressed situations.
It may be that the business structure has evolved organically over a number of years and no longer meets the needs of the current market place. Often a simple and practical restructuring exercise will address difficulties that arise, once streamlined this allows our clients to focus on what’s really important whether it be from improving yields to managing relationships with key feed suppliers or secured lenders.
Why Moorfields and how is our approach different?
Moorfields can offer a range of services including:
- Independent Business Reviews (IBR’s)
- Pre – lend and strategic options reviews
- Advisory – to develop and implement strategies to reduce costs, stabilise the business and streamline operations
- Formal insolvency procedures
Working together with our agricultural specialists you can gain an expert, practical opinion, based on our experience in this sector.
- We understand the working capital cycle of various agricultural businesses from dairy through to arable farming.
- We can break through the communication barriers between lenders and farmers and act as an intermediary where necessary.
- We have access to a wide range/base of specialist contracts which can assist us in formulating operational improvements, can offer introductions to a number of agricultural finance providers and facilitate asset sales.
- We provide realistic, timely strategies that are unique to each situation
- We manage other key stakeholders including HMRC, Feed suppliers and DEFRA