020 7186 1160
Phil is a Senior Manager within our advisory and restructuring team. His experience spans various industries within the larger SME market including retail & wholesale, hospitality, professional services, education, healthcare & technology. Phil has extensive experience in dealing with corporates in financial distress and delivering successful restructuring assignments. He is able to understand a client's needs and challenges quickly and effectively through strong client engagement in order to deliver the optimum solution.
Experience and Skills
- Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant
- Qualified Insolvency Practitioner
- Advisory and insolvency engagements including Administrations, Accelerated M&A, Receiverships and CVAs
- Financial analysis and restructuring advice for a wide variety of businesses and industry sectors
- Client focussed approach
- Over 21 years corporate restructuring experience
- Including 10 years at Barclays Bank in the Business Support & Relationship teams - working with over 100 clients in financial distress restructuring facilities & delivering effective turnaround strategies. A further 2 years spent focussing on developing client relationships in the retail and wholesale industry sector.
- Successful turnaround of a professional services firm, working with management to implement a cost reduction plan, providing cash flow analysis and negotiating the amortisation of loan facilities and resetting bank covenants.
- Working with one of the largest Further Education Colleges in the UK to de-leverage through a disposal of its non-core property portfolio. Negotiating on pricing and security cover following consecutive deficits and financial covenant breaches. Provision of bridging finance to fund the redevelopment costs of a key campus into a mixed use scheme with the local authority.
- £54m T/O business operating in the US, Europe, Far East and the UK. Complex fraud of circa £17m, which involved working closely with the Forensics team. Controlled wind down of US operations to ensure debtor realisations of £2.6m. Managing the structured wind down of the company’s three UK sites involving trading a subsidiary for 3 months.
- Administration of a motor factor, involving complex sale of business negotiations and managing the relationship with the secured creditors during a protracted debtor collect out and the disposal of a portfolio of properties.
- Confectionery wholesaler, involving a pre-insolvency report to the Bank following the discovery of a fraud, managing the sale of business negotiations to ensure continuity of the business going forward and preservation of the debtor book.
- Leading UK pensions software provider, pre-insolvency sale of business negotiations to ensure a realisation of £8m. Finalising the capital gain arising from the sale and dealing with complex contractual claims from the company’s former customers. Administration of the parent company and a sale of a US based subsidiary.
View All People