Japanese quoted company
- Subsidiary of Japanese quoted company.
- Previously operated a London office on behalf of parent company.
- Office closed and lease terminated before liquidation.
- Cash balance of £1.6 million.
- Shareholder wanted cash distributed, but Company did not have distributable reserves.
- Shareholder wanted company wound up and dissolved.
- Began legal action to recover debt where a debtor attempted to avoid payment and recovered £2,500.
- Identified rates overcharge not known to client. Secured refund of £60,000.
- Distributed £1.6 million to shareholder before its year end.
- Agreed and paid final Corporation Tax liability.
- De-registered Company for VAT and reclaimed all outstanding VAT.
- Returned cash to shareholder in accordance with agreed timetable.
- By identifying unknown assets secured greater than expected return to shareholder.
- Freed shareholder’s management from having to deal with UK tax issues.
- Successfully wound up Company.